Friday, June 1, 2007

The green scene

My game
Good timing. I was nearing the last level. Sheesh Dad! I guess I could pause the Zelda game and return right away after I saw what he wanted.

"Michael, get down here!"

I suppose I had a minute, but only a minute. As long as it was quick, and as long as they knew that. Damn it's bright out, now my eyes are going to be all screwed up, I won't be able to see. That's why I close the curtains so not an inch of light gets in.

"Would you grab the camera and take a picture? Get all of us in it."

Okay, I suppose I could do that. I ran upstairs and got the camera, opening it and turning it on so it was ready to go.

"You know, it would be nice if you helped a bit." I easily ignored that request.

I took a panoramic shot of my parents and brother tearing up the sod. They were working on putting in a golf green in the north part of our spacious backyard. That certainly wasn't my bright, time-consuming idea. I wasn't even into golf. No, if Matt wanted a green he could do all the work himself. I'm sure he'll put in a tee-off area as well, just wait. And now the sled hill would be ruined. Besides I was busy, I have my own stuff to do and I wasn't going to be bothered. I had a video game to finish.

No comments: